System Administration - Service Management
- Provides efficient and effective first line of support for local, remote and mobile staff.
- Identify, research and resolve technical issues for users in a positive manner.
- Add to the IT knowledge base with clear/concise/detailed entries.
- Treat every issue as an opportunity to educate the end-user.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of hardware and software licenses.
- Perform hands-on diagnostics at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test issue remediation to ensure problem has been adequately resolved. Perform post-resolution follow-ups, time permitting.
- Create and/or maintain end-user documentation on procedures and how-tos.
- Creation and administration of Active Directory user accounts.
- Provision new computers for employees.
- Create and test new images for Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- Help in maintaining scanners, copiers and workstations.
- Provision phones and voicemail boxes (mobile and office).
- Support summer intern program. To include configuration of computers, administration rights, first line support, and equipment reconciliation when the internship is complete.
- Administrate and help manage the ITSM system.
- Order software and hardware for users and maintain a stockage objective for general consumption items.
- Support the IT Team with duties as necessary to include server, user and network administration.
- Create Linux accounts and manage groups, home directories, and access.
- Collaborate with IT Team.
- Minor off hours duties/on-call hours as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain Security Clearance
- 1 – 3 year's applicable experience
- Experience in building and supporting Linux endpoints (Ubuntu and Centos)
- Experience in supporting desktop operating systems including Windows 10, and Mac OSX
- Experience in supporting typical business and engineering applications (ex. Microsoft Office, Matlab, Visual Studio, VMWare and other scientific/engineering applications) and hardware (mostly Dell and Apple laptops)
- Intermediate Active Directory skills, capable of managing user accounts, printers and other resources
- Helpdesk and/or Desktop certifications such as Linux+, Security+, Network+ desired
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment in a rapidly growing company.
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and meet customer demands and deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service, interpersonal skills, and desire to learn. Self-motivated with strong analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.