Quality Assurance Lead
STR’s Systems Development Division seeks a Quality Assurance Lead at their Woburn office to help grow our organization through the challenges of transitioning technology research and capabilities to acquisition programs of record. The QA Lead will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Quality Management System to be applied at the STR enterprise level and driving assurance of quality across our portfolio of programs and pursuits. The QA Lead will have the opportunity to work with STR Directors, Management Staff and Customers and establish a positive working relationship with their office staff. The QA Lead reports to the Chief Engineer for Systems Development.
- Developing and manage plans, guidelines, policies, and processes, to ensure achievement of quality objectives; establishes and maintains Quality Management System (QMS)
- Performing ISO 9001:2015 gap analysis and establish, and subsequently execute, an ISO 9001:2015 registration plan
- Leading implementation of organizational projects and processes to ensure overall quality is continuously improving
- Overseeing quality improvement processes to ensure on-going reductions in Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ) and escapes
- Ensuring programs comply with execution guidance outlined in the STR Integrated Program Management System (IPMS) and QMS
- Ensuring quality expectations are established at program kickoff and monitored and controlled throughout program execution
- Overseeing system/subsystem test plan/procedure development and test execution
- Overseeing internal and subcontracted production and test activities ensuring quality standards are met and making recommendations for quality improvement
- Providing quality assessments throughout program through periodic program management reviews
- Participating in risk assessment efforts, oversight of risk mitigation efforts, identification and monitoring of hazard/accident/safety and subcontract risks in addition to programmatic and technical risks
- Performing subcontractor/vendor process audits
- Working with Proposal Leads to ensure documented best practices are followed (i.e., kickoffs, vetting subcontractors, ensuring appropriate review milestones are met, perform checklist/scoring)
- Coordinating and communicate with internal stakeholders and external customers to meet contractual deliverable requirements
- Coordinating with subcontractors to ensure subcontract deliverables meet specification requirements.
- Supporting continuous improvement processes; recommend IPMS, Business and Engineering process improvements to support STR’s growing business.
- Active Secret clearance (Top Secret clearance preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years experience leading and managing the documentation of complex defense systems including technology processes and projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills and attention to details.
- Previous positive interactions with a range of Government sponsors, corporate executives, internal technical staff and contractors; demonstrating competence, poise, and accountability.
- Participation in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of Quality Assurance activities – supporting software and hardware system development across multiple customers and teams.
- Significant experience managing subcontractors who provide electronic hardware
- Daily use of Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Sharepoint )
- Successfully worked within a team to meet strategic and tactical objectives.
- Ability to travel when needed to support subcontractor and government sponsor meetings. Expected travel 10%