Principal Investigator – Analysis & Decision Systems
STR is hiring a Principal Investigator (PI) to lead the formulation and execution of ambitious research agendas that deliver key capabilities to our customers and markets. The PI will provide technical and management direction to an accomplished team of scientists and engineers, as they design and execute ambitious projects, ranging from early prototypes to integrated systems. He/she will interact effectively with national security customers and end-users to identify and develop project requirements and innovative solutions. The PI will define and grow new opportunities via leading and aiding winning proposal efforts.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- Past experience as Principal Investigator or Technical Lead for programs serving government research organizations (AFRL, ONR, DARPA, IARPA, etc.)
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the development of innovative technical solutions, including managing a multi-disciplinary team in designing, building, and demonstrating those solutions.
- In depth knowledge of some subset of the following domains is of particular interest: Command and Control Systems (C2), automated planning and scheduling, causal modeling, graph-based reasoning, natural language processing, anomaly detection, pattern of life reasoning, data visualization.
- Proven experience generating innovative and successful proposals for government research organizations.
- Active Security Clearance
- Record of widely cited publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Scientific programming skills