Data Science Program Manager (VA)
STR is a government research contractor specializing in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and homeland security applications. We pride ourselves in developing cutting-edge technologies with significant and immediate impact on our national security. Our product is our staff; we prioritize cultivating a team of driven and talented scientists, engineers and program managers that together culminate into a premier company.
Every Analyst a Scientist - One of our primary goals is to empower intelligence analysts to be able to study their data like scientists. The tools we develop focus on streamlining intelligence analysis through integrated algorithms and software that provide insight into the geopolitical landscape for use in operational intelligence missions around the world.
We are currently seeking a program manager who is passionate about problem solving through teamwork. The successful candidate will help manage research & development programs in the area of data science and machine learning. As Program Manager, you will work with leadership and technical teams to coordinate cost estimating and reporting; engage with key stakeholders; and develop/maintain business management procedures for all task areas. You should be able to bridge technical understanding and operational requirements of our government customers. Your responsibilities include receiving requirements from our program customer(s), tracking the program schedule and milestones, coordinating with the STR Contracts and Finance teams, providing quality assurance on reports, and tracking program risk. You will support timely, successful deliveries of products to the customer. You will routinely collaborate across multi-disciplined teams in order to support the Principal Investigator and other key stakeholders. You will also support coordination with STR sub-contractors, ensuring smooth integration and accomplishment of assigned tasks. You will principally work onsite at our government customer location(s), with occasional travel to other stakeholder sites to engage with end users.
If you would like to help intelligence and defense analysis keep pace with technology-driven innovation, then this role is for you!
Who you are:
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline with two or more years related professional experience
- Experienced in managing technical projects, developing tasks/sub-tasks, identifying & tracking program risk; building WBS, Gantt charts, and tracking POA&M
- Motivated collaborator and excellent communicator of ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Active U.S. SCI Clearance
- Prior experience in a leadership role of a technical program for the Department of Defense or intelligence community
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with the means to bridge technical and operational areas
- Experience with software development best practices and tools
- Understanding of large and complex data sets
- Familiarity with machine learning or statistical modeling techniques
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life)
- 401k company match
- Competitive and flexible paid time off
- Continued higher education reimbursement
- Profit sharing (Additional match to 401k)
- Phone reimbursement plan
- And more!
Job Type (Full Time/Part Time): Full Time
STR is dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce where all employees, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, neurodiversity, or other personal characteristics, feel valued, included, and empowered to achieve their best. We recognize that each employee’s backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives are essential for providing our customers with innovative solutions to challenging national security problems. STR’s commitment to attracting, retaining, and engaging talented and diverse professionals is demonstrated by our participation, sponsorship, and support in local and national minority organizations.