STR is a government research contractor specializing in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and homeland security applications. We pride ourselves in developing cutting-edge technologies with significant and immediate impact on our national security. Our product is our staff; we prioritize cultivating a team of driven and talented scientists and engineers that together culminate into a premier company.
Every Analyst a Scientist - One of our primary goals is to empower intelligence analysts to be able to study their data like scientists. The tools we develop focus on streamlining intelligence analysis through integrated algorithms and software that provide insight into the geopolitical landscape for use in operational intelligence missions around the world.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team that transforms large and complex customer data into real-world, high-impact solutions. You will work with researchers and engineers to design and implement solutions to challenging national security problems. You will be responsible for building the software infrastructure to clean, ingest, and expose datasets and algorithms to both developers and end users. You will deploy algorithms, generate workflows, create engineer-facing tools, and design customer-facing prototype systems. You will occasionally travel to customer sites to engage with end users, demonstrate prototypes, and integrate analytics into customer systems. If you would like to help intelligence and defense analysis keep pace with modern machine learning and software techniques, then this role is for you!
Who you are:
- A degree in a scientific or engineering field, such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Software Engineering
- Proficiency with a scientific programming language such as Python, Java, or C++
- Experience with database management and common query syntax
- Motivated collaborator and excellent communicator of ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of AWS, Spark, Dask, and/or similar technologies for working with data at scale
- US citizen and willing to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance
- Track record of architecting, developing, deploying, or maintaining enterprise software
- Experience with software development best practices and tools
- Understanding of web development and visualization technologies, such as d3, Leaflet, Bootstrap, or others
- Familiarity with machine learning or statistical modeling techniques
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life)
- 401k company match
- Competitive and flexible paid time off
- Continued higher education reimbursement
- Profit sharing (Additional match to 401k)
- Phone reimbursement plan
- And more!
Applicants must be US Citizens