Configuration Management Lead
STR’s Systems Development Division seeks a Configuration Management Lead at their Woburn office to help grow our organization through the challenges of transitioning technology research and capabilities to acquisition programs of record. You will be responsible for configuration management and product lifecycle management for our portfolio of programs and pursuits. You will work with STR Directors, Management Staff and Senior Customers and establish positive working relationship with their office staff. You will report to the Chief Engineer for Systems Development.
- Develop and maintain product technology baseline to support systems, software, hardware, test systems, and systems of systems.
- Develop overarching configuration management and data management strategy for a diverse portfolio of programs.
- Create engineering document trees cataloging baseline system configuration data.
- Develop and transform low and high-level design artifacts into customer deliverables.
- Maintain engineering documentation and diagrams.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal stakeholders and external customers to meet contractual deliverable requirements.
- Coordinate with subcontractors to ensure subcontract deliverables meet specification requirements.
- Support continuous improvement processes; recommend CM and PLM capability improvements to support STR’s growing business.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, problem solving and organizational skills and attention to details.
- Previous positive interactions with a range of Government sponsors, corporate executives, internal technical staff and contractors; demonstrating competence, poise, and accountability.
- Experience leading and managing the documentation of complex defense systems including technology processes and projects.
- Enjoyed participating in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of configuration management activities.
- Experience coordinating documentation deliveries with third-party hardware and software vendors.
- Experience developing and maintaining a data management strategy.
- Used Microsoft Office products daily (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint )
- Successfully worked within a team to meet strategic and tactical objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Ability to travel when needed to support subcontractor and government sponsor meetings. Expected travel 10%.
- Active Secret clearance; Active Top Secret clearance preferred.