AWS DevOps Engineer (Analysis & Decision Systems)
Are you passionate about DevOps and eliminating barriers to productivity? Do you like to solve meaningful problems around system efficiency, complexity and scalability? STR is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build cutting-edge command and control software.
- Work as a member of Agile/SCRUM software teams to design, implement, and maintain CI/CD pipelines utilizing Gitlab, Jenkins, or other CI/CD systems
- Support Amazon Web Services (AWS) toolsets and maintain multiple environments at multiple classification levels
- Configure AWS environments for continuous application performance and security monitoring and alerting
- Act as a point person with corporate IT to ensure that infrastructure toolsets are configured, maintained, reliable, and kept up-to-date in compliance with DoD standards
- Advocate for and educate engineers on DevOps fundamentals while helping to implement solid software development processes.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Security Clearance
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Gitlab, Jenkins) and pipeline automation
- Experience with cloud platforms (such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud), and automated provisioning tools (such as Ansible, Chef, TerraForm)
- Organized, detail-oriented, and with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Comfortable in a fast-paced operations environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active Security Clearance at the Secret or Top Secret (TS) level
- MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field
- Experience in:
- full web serving stack, including databases, logging, and monitoring
- project tracking tools like Jira
- designing, deploying, and monitoring Kubernetes clusters and pod configurations
- designing, deploying, and monitoring Kafka clusters
- deploying and maintaining artifact repositories (such as Nexus, Artifactory)
- deploying and configuring static and dynamic code analysis tools (such as SonarQube, Coverity).
- leading teams in an Agile/SCRUM software development process