Junior System Administrator
- Provides efficient and effective first/second tier support for local, remote and mobile staff.
- Identifies, researches and resolves technical issues for users in a proactive and professional manner
- Provisions and deploys new computers for employees; performs new-user IT orientation
- Performs installation and configuration of desktop software
- Performs desktop and peripheral hardware break/fix repairs
- Maintains printers, scanners, and other desktop peripherals as needed
- Maintains accurate inventory of hardware and software licenses
- Creates and administers user accounts (Active Directory, Linux and Mac)
- Creates and maintains end-user and internal IT documentation
- Participates in off-hours/on-call work as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- Experience in supporting desktop operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac OSX (Mavericks and above)
- US Citizenship is required, must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- Strong team player with the ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment in a rapidly growing company.
- Excellent problem solving, time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize work and meet customer demands and deadlines.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and a desire to learn.
- Experience in supporting typical business and engineering applications (ex. MS Office, Matlab, Visual Studio, VMWare and other scientific/engineering applications) and hardware (mostly Dell and Apple laptops).
- Intermediate Active Directory skills, capable of managing user accounts, printers and other resources
- Helpdesk and/or Desktop certifications desirable.
- Familiarity with Linux is a plus.